|Location||Blenheim, New Zealand|
Expressions of Interest
|Number of Roles Available||5|
|Starting Rate||$20-24 depending on experience|
|Job Benefits||Transport, Social club / staff events|
We’ve been making wine with as much thought for our environment as wine excellence for over 30 years. We’re carrying our enduring legacy of sustainability into the future - We’re here for good.
☀️ Winery powered with the help of solar energy.
🐸 Nurtured Wetlands Programme.
♻️ Locally bottled using recycled NZ glass bottles.
🌱 Labels made from sugarcane, a natural, highly renewable and sustainably sourced material.
Grove Mill Winery is part of Foley Wines – a collection of iconic New Zealand wineries and brands from New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine regions. Each with a unique story of New Zealand wine to tell. Our wineries are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to make great wine that people love to drink around the world – made by land & hand.
We are proud custodians of the Martinborough Vineyard, Te Kairanga, Grove Mill, Vavasour and Mt Difficulty wineries, and world-recognised brands such as Roaring Meg, Russian Jack, Dashwood, and Te Tera.
Grove Mill is a medium sized winery, crushing approximately 3,000 tonnes, and is located in Marlborough’s Waihopai Valley. We are producers of premium, cool climate style wines including, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris sourcing our fruit from over 200 hectares of vineyards throughout the Marlborough area.
This is where you come into the picture…
We are looking for next harvest’s Cellar Hands and a LabTechnician.
- Previous winery experience (minimum of two harvests), in a similar sized winery preferred, wine qualifications would be an advantage, as would a current Forklift licence, but is not essential.
- Candidates with practical ability, good oral and written communication skills, a team player mentality, and a keen sense of humour will be highly regarded.
- We have a small, extremely capable permanent cellar crew, vintage positions would therefore ideally suit candidates with a passionate interest in wine, who work well under pressure, are able to multi-task and can carry out their duties in a timely and efficient manner
- We can give some support with Visa Applications and help with sourcing accommodation.
What do we provide?
Aside from the unique opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s most revered wine companies you will experience harvest with a great team of winemakers and viticulturists.
- Over harvest shifts are typically 12 hours, 6 days per week.
- A hot meal is provided each shift during the vintage intake period.
Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test