|Location||Wanaka, New Zealand|
Expressions of Interest
|Number of Roles Available||2|
|Job Benefits||Flexi rosters, End of season bonuses, Accommodation rebates|
We own a small family owned PYO strawberry farm & Cafe on the out skirts of Lake Wānaka. Our season starts late November and runs till mid May.
The job is a mix of picking and packing strawberries. Our season starts at the end of November and runs through to mid April/May. During the season the fruit levels go up and down so there may be some days when there is no fruit to pick.
We also have lots of plant pruning work on days when we are not picking.
On the farm we also grow watermelons and a small number of vegetables.
Other Jobs are mowing the lawns amongst the rows and weeding & plant maintenance.
The job is very physical so it's important you are fit, healthy with no injuries and are willing to work in all weather conditions.
Ideally the roster will have you 2 days off a week but some weeks it could be more or less depending on fruit supply.
Here the days can get very hot so our pickers usually start around 5:30am and work till early afternoon. It is great if you want to enjoy the summer and Wanaka is a beautiful place to hang out.
There is NO accommodation on site but there are two camping grounds 2 minutes away one is free and the other is around $10/night and has showers and cooking facilities.
If this sound like you please apply by answering the following questions and attaching a CV otherwise we wont review your application.
- When does your visa expire? ( you must have a valid visa )
- Have you picked strawberries before?
- Do you have any back knee or other injuries?
- Are you fit and willing to work at ground level?
- Have you had fruit/ Vegetable picking and packing experience? If yes Please explain the job you did and for how long.
- Do you have any other agriculture or horticulture experience ? if yes please explain
- Why do you think we should employ you?
- DO you have barista experience ?
If you can answer the above questions and get back to us we will go from there.
Must be fit, no injuries, fast and efficient . Previous experience is a bonus