|Location||Napier, New Zealand|
Apples and Pears
Need Staff Soon
|Number of Roles Available||1|
|Starting Rate||Salary to be discussed|
We are Taylor Corporation New Zealand. We are proud to be a family owned and operated global supplier of premium apples. We have a dedicated team of passionate people ensuring the Taylor brand stands for quality and excellence from the tree to the shelf. It’s our name on the box!
Taylor’s has a career opportunity for an experienced Orchard Manager.
You will be managing a 70 plus ha orchard of new plantings in Hastings, this role is diverse and a good understanding of orchard management is essential. You will have great leadership, training skills and new innovative ideas and not afraid to try new things to add to the Taylor Flavour. We need a manager that can work with many different cultures from around the world.
Key Roles are:
- Managing teams of both permanent and seasonal staff to carry out orchard tasks
(i.e picking, pruning, thinning etc)
- Managing agrichemical applications (spray programmes)
- New innovative growing methods
- Understand Machinery
- Developing and training staff
- Documentation and record keeping
- Maintain compliance and Health and Safety procedures
The successful applicant will have:
- Grow Safe Certification
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Be Competent at multi-tasking
- Basic computer knowledge
- Sense of humour and can do attitude
If you have the skills for this position and the right attitude, we would like you to join us.
Forward your application to: Lana@taylorcorp.co.nz and please mention in the subject line: “Orchard Manager”