|Location||Motueka, New Zealand|
Need Staff Soon
|Number of Roles Available||5|
|Starting Rate||23 per hour + holiday pay|
Looking for a job over 2022 harvest season?But don’t want to be up and down ladder with a heavy bag picking all day, or would like a bit more variation than grading fruit in a packhouse? We could have the perfect opportunity for you!
AgFirst Nelson is a horticultural consultancy company based in Motueka, providing high-quality technical advice and solutions to the horticulture sector. We run an independent laboratory and we will require 5 casual staff to start mid February through to May. Our business operates 7 days a week, we usually roster people for 5 and a half/6 working days per week. Our busiest period is mid-March till end of April, therefore you need to be available to work through Easter & Anzac.
Whether you want to gain some laboratory experience, learn a little more about the kiwifruit season, be part of a team or earn some money this role ticks all the boxes. This is a great role that will suit a range of candidates, no experience required, full training will be provided.
Seasonal Kiwifruit Laboratory Technicians carry out routine kiwifruit maturity testing on samples on behalf of our client Zespri to determine if samples meet minimum clearance criteria and assess fruit quality.
This role is for a Fixed term period from February to beginning of May, working variable hours. Hours will be rostered to meet the requirements of the business which operates 7 days a week. You will be required to be available to work a minimum of 5.5 days per week.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Routine maturity testing on samples that may include:
- Sample Reception
- Sample Preparation
- Weight, Firmness, Colour, Dry Matter, Brix, Seeds
- Fruit Disposal
- Self-disciplined with proven ability to follow set procedures and take the initiative when necessary
- Team player, able to create a good working relationship with other staff in the team and across the company
- Be physically fit - a successful applicant must be able to repetitively cut fruit samples using a sharp knife and stand for a long period.
- Must have a reasonable standard of computer literacy
- Be flexible with hours of work, recognising that this work is seasonal and has peaks and troughs throughout the season
- Willing to work additional hours as required
- Have your own cell phone for receiving text messages (to receive shift information/communications)
- Please note that in order to protect our employees, business and clients we are linked to, the applicants with My Vaccination Pass will be preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rates
- Our laboratory operations start ahead of the kiwifruit harvest and offer a variety of tasks
AgFirst Consultants Nelson is a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business. As a Seasonal Laboratory Technician you will be part of a great team providing services to the wider Kiwifruit industry. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with one of NZs leading kiwifruit maturity testing laboratories.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like a good for you, click apply now via the link. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to ring (03) 528 0330. Interview process has commenced, apply NOW!
Please note that in order to protect our employees, business and clients we are linked to, the applicants with My Vaccination Pass will be preferred.