|Location||Te Anau, Te Anau, New Zealand|
Need Staff Now
|Number of Roles Available||3|
|Starting Rate||$25 - $27 / hour (part-time and full-time jobs available)|
|Job Benefits||Transport, Free Wifi|
About the Role
Organic Farm New Zealand (OFNZ) is located on a 30-minute drive from Te Anau. We manufacture a range of premium organic freeze-dried snacks utilising ingredients fresh from our onsite commercial gardens.
We are in search of a "Kitchen and Garden Assistant" to join our team. You will work both in our organic garden (indoor tunnel houses & outdoor beds), as well our food production facility as a kitchen hand. Your daily tasks will be weather-dependent, allowing you to pivot between kitchen and garden duties, ensuring the smooth operation of both areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organic gardening tasks including:
- Propagation and transplantation
- Soil preparation & fertilisation
- Weeding & pruning
- Pest & disease control
- Kitchen-Hand tasks including:
- Washing produce
- Food prep, including: washing, scrubbing, peeling, cutting, and chopping.
- Basic cooking tasks such as: blanching, boiling, blending, steaming, drying.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- General cleaning of food processing facility and associated areas and equipment.
- No experience is required, all training will be provided
- Work holiday visa and students welcome to apply
- Self-motivated, responsible, and honest
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Full-time position (average 40 hr per week)
- Permanent position may be available for the right candidate
- Competitive salary
- Work in pristine, natural surroundings